Trim, Healthy, & Frugal Week 3

I love playing in the kitchen, so before we get the super frugal menu plan for this week (I spent a total of $107 this week!), I want to share with you my newest yummy concoction: the Shrinking Gingerbread Iced Latte (or Frappe). It is smooth and creamy and delightful, plus it has a handful of health benefits including a whopping 23 grams of protein, metabolism boosting spices, and fat melting oolong tea.  Who can beat that?

**Please be aware that this uses the Shrinker, but is not intended to replace it as something to sip all day long.  Because of the addition of other ingredients (actual food), it becomes a meal or snack like any other frappe or smoothie in the plan**


  • 8 oz of the Shrinker drink, shared HERE by Pearl and Serene on the facebook page for the book
  • 1 cup Greek yogurt, 0%
  • 2 tsp cinnamon (above and beyond what you have in your Shrinker)
  • 1/8 tsp cayenne (again, in addition to what's in the Shrinker)
  • A dash each of nutmeg and cloves
  • 1/4tsp ginger (depends on how zesty you like, this is in addition to what is in the Shrinker; I use fresh ginger in the Shrinker and add the ground ginger here, personally)
  • 8 ice cubes for a creamy iced latte or 16 to make it a Frappa
  • 1/4 tsp glucomannon

This is my third completed week of eating Trim and Healthy and feeling like a million bucks.  My first week's frugal plan is HERE and last week's is HERE.  I'm posting new recipes each Thursday and so far I've shared my Taco Soup and Mongolian Chicken.  Please, be sure to comment with your reviews of the recipes and any tweaks you want to share for those who come behind and want to try them out!

So far the things I have noticed about this way of eating are that I have more energy, I totally missed PMS symptoms (although I guess they weren't missed per se, but they were skipped!), and I am sleeping more soundly (although I need much less sleep than I used to!).  I also added some workouts this week; my goal is 3 good, sweaty, muscle burning sessions following the book guidelines.  I don't want to lose a ton of weight only to be flabby while doing it!  I want to FEEL great and look it.


Breakfasts ($11)
  • As I've shared in week's past, we do a lot of oatmeal.  This week, it's on the menu for 3 mornings, topped with some Greek yogurt (and to be honest, I'll likely only have it once or twice and have an egg or S smoothie at least once, maybe twice) 
  • Apple Crisp (it's an "E" that I love, and I am not really an E fan!)
  • Veggie omelettes with fruit for the kiddos
  • 2 days of fried eggs with ham, and bread for the kiddos
Lunch ($14)
  • PB&J with carrots
  • Celery boats, peanut butter apple slices, and tortilla chips
  • Ham and Cheese
  • Buttered noodles
  • Soup (by REQUEST of my kiddos - how awesome is that?)
  • And me?  I will eat leftovers and salads (alternating between S and E salads)

Dinner ($52)
  • (S) Egg Stacks (Fried eggs with ham and cheese on top) -- we had planned on a heavier meal, but ate a late lunch and just wanted something simple and light
  • (S) Burgers (3 lbs so I have leftovers) on a double batch Marcy's Cheese Rolls (p. 271) served with oven baked potato wedges for hubby and kids, and a salad for me
  • (E) Chicken Tacos with refried beans and rice (we like to make a big batch of shredded chicken in the crock pot for this so we can freeze some for future meals)
  • (S) Mongolian Chicken (3 lbs so there are leftovers) with lo mein made out of Dreamfield's pasta (a great alternative would be miracle noodles, but I'm not quite there yet!)
  • (S) Chef Salads with meat (leftover shredded chicken and ham slices), cheese, and hard boiled eggs and a Wasa cracker on the side for me, rolls for the kiddos and Hubby
  • (S) PIZZA NIGHT!  Since there are 8 of us, we'll make 2 pizzas.  This week we're trying the Chicken Crust Pizza (p. 279) and the Speedy Thin Crust Pizza (p. 278).  The chicken pizza will be topped with roasted red peppers, spinach, a few olives, and a hot pepper slice or two on my section.  The speedy crust will be topped with pepperoni for a traditional pizza.
  • (FP, S, or E) Leftover Night with popcorn topped with nutritional yeast and coconut oil for the kids while we watch our Saturday night flick
Miscellaneous ($30)
  • My daily Fat Stripping Frappa or Frosted Gingerbread Smoothie (>$14)
  • Apples, Oranges, Carrots, and Celery for the kiddos to snack on ($16)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share what YOU think -- I love your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
type="text/javascript" data-pin-hover="true" src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js">